NERC-ARF Help Desk
Welcome to the NERC-ARF Data Analysis Node help desk. We are here to help you with any queries you have regarding the processing of your NERC-ARF data. Please spend a few moments to check through these pages to find the answer to your query. If you cannot find the answers you are looking for then please contact us.
Information about data processing prior to delivery
For information on what happens to the data prior to delivery please check this page:
For information on sensors and their specifications please see the sensors page.
Information about data processing after delivery
For information on using NERC-ARF-DAN software or how to get the best from your data please check these pages. For information on using NERC-ARF software please also see the tutorials section:
- Hyperspectral processing
- Getting started guide to using APL for Eagle/Hawk or Fenix processing.
- APL processing level 1 to level 3 guide
- Creating a mosaic from level 3 data
- Basic information for using azgcorr to process level 1 to level 3 (for older data)
- LiDAR processing
NERC-ARF-DAN are in the process of creating some tutorials, with downloadable data, to help users get to know the various software we provide. This is a good place to start if you have no experience with the processing software.
Frequently Asked Questions
We host a page of Frequently Asked Questions which we try to keep up to date. If you haven't been able to find a solution to your problem so far then this is a good place to check next.
Reports written by NERC-ARF-DAN on various instrumentation and processing issues can be found here.
We hold a workshop for users of NERC-ARF data in March at PML. For more information contact us.
Other useful information
- Looking for software downloads?
- Choosing an appropriate Eagle/Hawk or Fenix map pixel size
- Creating a DEM for hyperspectral processing
- Creating a DEM from LiDAR point cloud
- ATM and CASI
- Converting ATM band 11 to (brightness) temperature
- Finding out what the wavelengths and bandwidth are (for a specific flight)
- In-house produced scripts and software which may be useful for end users
- Links to external software and tutorials
If you cannot find a suitable answer to your question then please contact us.